PUBLIC HEALTH NURSE II (CMARC)
• Care Management for At-risk Children
$ 41,134 – $ 53, 473
Open until filled
Rutherford County, NC
Description of Work:
• Care Management for At-risk Children (CMARC) is a population management model: CMARC CM’s refer families to community-based interventions for children to maximize health outcomes for children birth – 5 years of age. The program targets the highest risk and highest cost children for care management.
• The responsibilities of this position are: 1) assess children birth – 5 years of age who are identified as having priority risk factors; 2) be assigned to specific medical homes that serve children birth – 5 years of age living in Rutherford County; 3) provide CMARC services based on patient need and according to risk stratification guidelines.
• Identify children at greatest risk through data reports, utilization of risk screening data, provider referrals, and refer to area resources as needed.
• All CMARC documentation is completed on-line in Virtual Health (VH).
• Close collaboration as indicated through phone calls, written updates, and/or office visits with PCP medical homes serving children residing in Foothills Health District.
• Care Managers are responsible to educate families, medical homes and community organizations of the benefits of the program
• Attend staff meetings/In-Services/Webinars/Phone Conferences/Trainings/Community Partner Meetings.
Minimum Education And Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in social work from an appropriately accredited institution; bachelor’s degree in a human services field from an appropriately accredited institution and one year of directly related experience; bachelor’s degree from an appropriately accredited institution and two years directly related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Necessary Special Qualifications:
Considerable knowledge of social work principles, techniques, and practices and their application to individual casework group work and community problems. Knowledge of the psychosocial, socioeconomic and behavioral problems and their treatment. Knowledge of governmental and private organizations and community resources. Knowledge of laws, regulations and policies which govern the program. General knowledge of medical terminology, disease processes and their treatment is required In certain programs or settings. Skill in establishing rapport with a client and applying techniques of assessing psychosocial. behavioral, and psychological aspects of client’s problem. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with administrative superiors members of case load and their families, and with civics medical, social and religious organizations. Ability to train or instruct lower-level social workers, students, or interns. Ability to express Ideas clearly and concisely and to plan and execute work.
To apply for this position, submit the required NC state application (PD-107) to the Foothill Health District Personnel Department, 221 Callahan-Koon Road, Spindale, NC 28160. Applications can be downloaded at www.foothillshd.org. Completed applications and resumes can be e-mailed to email@example.com or faxed to (828) 287-6059. Open until filled. Equal Opportunity Employer