PUBLIC HEALTH NURSE II
CARE MANAGEMENT FOR AT-RISK CHILDREN (CMARC formerly CC4C)
$41,134 – $53,473
Open until filled
Description of Work:
• Care Management for At-Risk Children (CMARC) formerly CC4C, is a population management model: CMARC CM’S refer families to community-based interventions and resources to maximize health outcomes for children birth-5yrs of age. The program targets the highest risk and highest cost children for care management.
• The responsibilities of this position are: 1) assess children birth – 5 years of age who are identified as having priority risk factors 2) be assigned to specific medical homes that serve children birth – 5 years of age living in McDowell County 3) provide CMARC services based on patient need and according to risk stratification guidelines.
• Close collaboration as indicated through phone calls, written updates, and/or office visits with PCP (Primary Care Provider) medical homes serving children residing in Foothills Health District, neighboring counties can contract for CMARC services if needed.
• Care managers are responsible to educate families, medical homes and community organizations of the benefits of the program..
• Visit health care providers, hospital, DSS, community organizations, and homes of clients and their families as needed to provide optimal service.
Minimum Education And Experience:
Graduation from a four-year college or university with a B.S. in Nursing which includes a Public Health Nursing rotation and one year of Public Health Nursing experience; or a Master’s in Public Health and graduation from a school of professional nursing and one year of professional nursing experience; or graduation from a school of professional nursing and two years of professional nursing experience including one year of Public Health nursing experience; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of NC by the NC Board of Nursing, and valid CPR.
Necessary Special Qualifications:
To apply for this position, submit the required NC state application (PD-107) to: Foothills Health District ATTN: Cindy Snyder (firstname.lastname@example.org) 221 Callahan-Koon Road Spindale, NC 28160.
Applications can be obtained from the Personnel Office or downloaded at www.foothillshd.org . Resumes without an accompanying PD-107 will not be considered. This position will remain open until filled.