PUBLIC HEALTH NURSE II
FAMILY PLANNING COORDINATOR
$41,134 – $53,473
This position will remain open until filled
McDowell County Health Department, Marion, NC
Description of Work:
• Family Planning coordinator is to ensure that the public (especially high risk groups) is aware and has access to a Family planning clinic where they can receive education on high risk behavior and a means to prevent an unwanted pregnancy, and/or preconceptual counseling to help achieve a healthy pregnancy and healthy baby to those clients who wish to discontinue a prevention method and attempt a pregnancy.
• Ensures that proper equipment, supplies and literature are available to maintain smooth clinic operation.
• Answers questions of staff that may arise before, during or after clinic regarding policy, clinic flow, clinic questions, staff problems, etc.
• Ensures that staff has the latest information and most recent updates regarding education, counseling and referrals. This is accomplished by circulating reading and literature materials, sharing information obtained through continuing education, memos, etc.
• Writes county policies and procedures for new clinics within the family planning program and ensuring that these stay consistent with state requirements and recommendations.
• Please note this description of work is not designed to cover or contain all the job duties. Other job duties
Minimum Education And Experience:
Graduation from a four-year college or university with a B.S. in Nursing which includes a Public Health Nursing rotation and two years of Public Health Nursing experience; or a Master’s in Public Health and graduation from a school of professional nursing and two years of professional nursing experience; or graduation from a school of professional nursing and three years of professional nursing experience including two years of Public Health nursing experience; or an equivalent combination of training and experience. Preference will be given to those that possess a BSN, have two years of supervisory experience and two years of Public Health experience.
Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of NC by the NC Board of Nursing, and valid CPR.
To apply for this position, submit the required NC state application (PD-107) to: Foothills Health District ATTN: Cindy Snyder (firstname.lastname@example.org) 221 Callahan-Koon Road Spindale, NC 28160.
Applications can be obtained from the Personnel Office or downloaded at www.foothillshd.org . Resumes without an accompanying PD-107 will not be considered. This position will remain open until filled. EOE