Public Health Nurse II – Maternity Coordinator
We are offering a one-time sign on Bonus of $5000!!!! (you must complete 2 years of employment or you will be required to pay back the entire sign on bonus).
$41,134 – $53,473 – $65,813
Open until filled
Description of Work:
• This position functions in all working areas of maternity clinic, i.e., laboratory, nurse interview including medical and reproductive history taking, as well as education, assists M.D. in exam room, writes referrals as needed per order(s) and makes sure patient is scheduled for appointment(s), assists patient when applicable, counsels, instructs and interprets clinical findings to patient.
• Follows and carries out all orders received by M.D. (written, verbal, telephone and fax).
• Assists “in take” with decision making when needed for triage phone calls and/or walk-ins.
• Monitors maternity records and assures knowledge of compliance and audit documentation requirements by reviewing all charting for accuracy and completeness.
• Reviews new (initial) charts after clinic to assure accuracy and completeness and to follow-up M.D.’s order(s) and plan of care.
• Previews active charts for next scheduled clinic visit and ascertain plan of care.
• Reviews active charts after subsequent clinic visit and follows up on M.D.’s order(s) and plan of care. Marks care plan check sheet for next scheduled visit.
• Reviews and signs all maternity lab work and follows-up on abnormal lab results.
• Reviews and signs all MSAPF (Maternal Serum Alpha-fetoprotein) reports and take verbal reports from genetics regarding abnormal results. Notify M.D. of results and make appropriate referrals as ordered by M.D.
• Reviews standing orders and keep current with annual signatures. Revises and make additions to standing orders, as M.D. deems necessary. Advises staff of changes and answers questions regarding program. Writes memo’s to staff and prepares patient instruction sheets and education sheets.
• Works in Family Planning clinic as needed.
• SIDS Counselor
• Assists with BCCCP program/clinic as needed.
• Other duties as outlined in job description.
Minimum Education And Experience:
Graduation from a four-year college or university with a B.S. in Nursing which includes a Public Health Nursing rotation and one year of Public Health Nursing experience; or Master’s in Public Health and graduation from a school of professional nursing and one year of professional nursing experience; or graduation from a school of professional nursing and two years of professional nursing experience including one year of Public Health Nursing experience; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities:
Considerable knowledge of, and skill in, the application of nursing theory, practice, principles, and techniques employed in the field of public health and related programs; considerable knowledge of and ability to apply the principles and practices of public health; knowledge of available resources and organizations and the ability to coordinate these as needed; general knowledge of current social and economic problems relating to public health, including health disparities; ability to plan, coordinate, and oversee the work of others; ability to deal tactfully with others and to exercise good judgment in appraising situations and making decisions; ability to work in partnership with patients and with other service providers to elicit needed information and to maintain effective working relationships; ability to record accurately services rendered and to interpret and explain records, reports, and medical instructions; adequate computer skills to allow communication, patient record documentation, and accessing of information.
Necessary Special Qualifications:
A current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in North Carolina by the N. C. Board of Nursing.
To apply for this position, submit the required NC state application (PD-107) to the Foothill Health District Personnel Department, 221 Callahan-Koon Road, Spindale, NC 28160. Applications can be downloaded at www.foothillshd.org. Completed applications and resumes can be e-mailed to email@example.com or faxed to (828) 287-6059. Equal Opportunity Employer