ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH SPECIALIST
Environmental Health Division
Food, Lodging and Facilities Program
$ 48,502 – $59,697
Open Until Filled
Description of Work:
• Performs independent field work to assess environmental health hazards in food establishments, institutions, childcare centers, schools, and other regulated facilities.
• Promotes and protects public health through education, inspection, permitting, surveillance, and enforcement related to sanitation in food establishments, institutions, childcare centers, schools, and other regulated facilities.
• Investigates complaints related to food establishments, institutions, childcare centers, schools, and other regulated facilities.
• Inspects and permits seasonal and year-round public swimming pools.
• Inspects and permits tattoo artists.
• Assists in childhood lead investigations and reporting.
Minimum Education And Experience:
Graduation from a baccalaureate program with a minimum of 30 semester hours or its equivalent in the physical or biological sciences. Experience preferred, but inexperienced applicants meeting the education requirement will be considered.
Necessary Special Qualifications:
Registration as an environmental health specialist; or eligibility for registration as an environmental health specialist by the NC State Board of Environmental Health Specialist Examiners.
To apply for this position, submit the required NC state application (PD-107) to the Foothill Health District Personnel Department, 221 Callahan-Koon Road, Spindale, NC 28160. Applications can be downloaded at www.foothillshd.org. Completed applications and resumes can be e-mailed to email@example.com or faxed to (828) 287-6059.