Come in or call your nearest WIC location. When you come you will need to bring the following:

1. The Person Applying for WIC

You (Pregnant or Breastfeeding), Infant, Child(ren) under 5 Years

2. Proof of Identification

Bring one (1) for each person applying for WIC AND parent or guardian.

You can use any of the following:

√ WIC Wallet (Folder with WIC Participants)

√ Driver’s License

√ Work/School ID

√ Birth Certificate

√ Hospital Birth Card

√ Military ID

√ Social Security Card,

√ Medicaid Card

3. Proof of Residence

Street address must be included; PO Box address will NOT be

accepted. Only one is needed.

You can bring any of the following:

√ Utility Bill: Water, Cable, Telephone, or Gas Bill

√ Current Rental Agreement

√ Current Bank Statement

4. Proof of Income

√ Medicaid Card

√ TANF (Work First) or Food Stamp Eligibility Letter

If you or your family are not on any of the programs list above you must bring one of the following. This is for all members of your household/ family unit who receive or earn income.

√ Recent Pay Stubs-for the last month

√ Recent Tax Return

√ Letter from Current Employer

5. Shot Record

We need this to make sure the immunizations are current and to update our records.


In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English. To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request Chapter 4: CIVIL RIGHTS 4 Section 2: PUBLIC NOTIFICATION NC WIC Program Manual October 2016 a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by: (1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights 1400 Independence Avenue, SW Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; (2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or (3) email: