Regional Infection Prevention Support Team Trainer (Public Health Educator)
Two Positions Available
Open until filled
Number of Positions Available:
Region 1 (Cherokee, Clay, Graham, Haywood, Jackson, Macon, Swain and Transylvania)
Description of Work:
The primary purpose of this position is to serve as a Regional Infection Prevention Support Team Trainer.. Specifically, this person will work with Foothills Health District under the guidance of The Regional Infection Prevention Support Coordinator for Region 1 and Region 2 in Western NC.
This is a time-limited position, with funding currently available through May 31, 2023.
The Regional Infection Prevention Support Teams (RIPSTs) are placed in each North Carolina’s 10 public health regions to provide on-site infection prevention and control assistance, training, and consultation to all types of post-acute care facilities, particularly those facility types that do not have trained medical staff.
Under the guidance of the Division of Public Health, these Teams will use evidence-based infection control procedures consistent with applicable CDC, CMS and HHS guidance to bolster infection prevention knowledge and practices, mitigating and preventing health threats like COVID and all other infectious diseases, thereby reducing morbidity and mortality.
This is a regional position and will be responsible for supporting all counties in Region 1, which are Cherokee, Clay, Graham, Haywood, Jackson, Macon, Swain and Transylvania. This position reports to the Environmental Director for Foothills Health District.
New temporary position implemented at Foothills Health District.
Monday – Friday, generally 40 hours per week between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm. Given the nature of the critical response effort during this time for public health, some evening or weekend work may be required. This position can work from home but also will be required to travel extensively to each of the 8 counties in Region 1. Mileage will be reimbursed.
Minimum Education And Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university in health education, education or public health and two years of experience in the medical or public health field working with patients and other staff members OR graduation from high school or a GED and at least three years in the medical or public health field working with patients or other staff members.
Description of Responsibilities and Duties:
– Evaluate facilities using NC SPICE infection Control in Long-Term Care Facilities Training and ongoing monthly educational opportunities.
– Schedule in-person and virtual visits, calls and education sessions with assigned counties
– Perform ICAR Evaluation and provided a site visit summary with identified gaps and recommendations.
– Provide targeted infection control training, education and materials based on identified resource between NC DHHS, local health departments, Assisted Living, Nursing Home, Adult Care and Behavioral Health Homes.
– Serve as the first point of contact to navigate facilities through outbreaks.
– Collaborate with healthcare coalitions to provide emergency resources (PPE, staff, vaccine access, etc).
Necessary Special Qualifications:
The preferred candidate will have:
– Strong communication skills required.
– Needs to be extremely flexible, able to work independently and able to work as part of a team.
Must have a Valid NC driver’s license
This is a salaried position, and the annual salary will be $ 60,000. Travel will be reimbursed at the current Federal mileage rate.
To apply for this position, submit the required NC state application (PD-107) to the Foothill Health District Personnel Department, 221 Callahan-Koon Road, Spindale, NC 28160. Applications can be downloaded at www.foothillshd.org. Completed applications and resumes can be e-mailed to email@example.com or faxed to (828) 287-6059. Equal Opportunity Employer