PUBLIC HEALTH NURSE II
Immunization Action Plan Coordinator/Vaccine Preventable Disease Coordinator
$ 41,134 – $ 53,473 (hiring range)
Open until filled
Description of Work:
• The primary purpose of this position is to administer vaccines, perform immunization outreach and educational activities and conduct immunization monitoring and follow-up to include all resident children 0-24 months whether private or public in compliance with the Immunization Action Plan .
• Maintains and communicates updated immunization policies and clinic guidelines to other nurses.
• Maintains inventory of and ordering immunizations including state provided and private stock.
• Reviews of master cards for accuracy of immunization documentation and missed opportunities and assists with the immunization tracking as needed.
• Monitors local day care immunization records for compliance with state guidelines and follows-up as needed.
• Keeps policy manual and standing orders up to date. Coordinates NCIR operations and responds to private provider requests for NCIR information training and guidance to ensure 75% of county’s providers are NCIR users.
• Assure vaccines are kept at appropriate recommended temperatures.
• Review master cards, calculate age and determine needed immunizations. Review immunization complications and side effects with client, parent, responsible party present and document any complications on master card prior to administration of vaccines.
• General clinic duties (i.e. Screen for TB by skin testing, blood pressure checks, screen for lice and scabies, dispenses treatment for lice).
• Maternity/Family Planning clinic duties as needed.
• Other duties deemed as necessary.
Minimum Education And Experience:
Graduation from a four-year college or university with a B.S. in Nursing which includes a Public Health Nursing rotation and one year of Public Health Nursing experience; or Master’s in Public Health and graduation from a school of professional nursing and one year of professional nursing experience; or graduation from a school of professional nursing and two years of professional nursing experience including one year of Public Health Nursing experience; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Necessary Special Qualifications:
A current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in North Carolina by the N. C. Board of Nursing.
To apply for this position, submit the required NC state application (PD-107) to the Foothill Health District Personnel Department, 221 Callahan-Koon Road, Spindale, NC 28160. Applications can be downloaded at www.foothillshd.org. Completed applications and resumes can be e-mailed to email@example.com or faxed to (828) 287-6059. Open until filled.