Public Health Nurse I
$ 38,428 – $ 49,957
Open Until Filled
McDowell County (Marion, NC)
Description of Work:
• Collects data for history and review of systems, collects laboratory specimens, and performs pregnancy testing.
• Functions in prenatal clinic by providing public health nursing services according to program guidelines.
• Collects data for history, interviews for problems, functions as a laboratory technician by collecting lab specimens by venipuncture, checking blood pressure, heights and weights and urine specimens. Instructs patient and educates to plan of care.
• Performs the duties of an Intake Nurse, (walk-ins, TB tests, head lice check, pregnancy tests, etc.)
• Administer immunizations according to CDC guidelines and ACIP recommendations.
• Answers all incoming telephone calls regarding all program areas when PHN is needed.
• Will assist in other clinics as needed.
• Other job duties as assigned.
Minimum Education And Experience:
Graduation from a four-year college or university with a B.S. in Nursing which includes a Public Health Nursing rotation, or Master’s in Public Health and graduation from a school of professional nursing; or graduation from a school of professional nursing and one year of professional nursing experience; or an equivalent combination of training and experience. Must have a valid license issued by the N.C. Board of Nursing to practice as an RN in NC, CPR certification and a valid NC drivers license.
To apply for this position, submit the required NC state application (PD-107) to:
Foothills Health District
ATTN: Cindy Snyder (email@example.com)
221 Callahan-Koon Road
Spindale, NC 28160.
Applications can be obtained from the Personnel Office or downloaded at www.foothillshd.org Resumes without an accompanying PD-107 will not be considered. This position will remain open until filled. EOE.