Processing Assistant III
$22,902 – $28,741 – $36,644
Open Until Filled
McDowell County, NC
Description of Work:
• Performs a variety of tasks to the agency in as much as it is the first contact via telephone by the prospective patient with the clinic. Provides excellent customer/patient services via phone and in person; referring callers to the appropriate departments; making appointments for patients according to established Health Department protocols; assists patients/clients with forms. Checks patients out and collects payment.
• Serves as Deputy Registrar for Vital Records in McDowell County. Serves as the primary contact for CASA (Clinic Assessment Software Application) by contacting families to ensure that babies have received recommended/required immunizations.
• Performs day-to-day administrative functions and general office duties including but not limited
• to copying, filing, faxing, answering phones and data entry, pulls and files mastercards, pulls patient records, clinic records and files lab reports.
• Verifies method of payment for service (Medicaid, Medicare, private insurance, private payee,
• etc.) and collects data and/or payment as appropriate.
• Calls patients daily to confirm upcoming appointment.
• Other duties as outlined in the job description.
Minimum Education And Experience:
High school or GED is required. Minimum of one year of experience working in an office as an office assistant/secretary is required. Previous experience working in a busy medical office setting is preferred; or an equivalent combination of training and experience. Associate Degree in Medical Office Administration, Medical Secretary, or Business Administration is preferred.
Necessary Special Qualifications:
Basic everyday living skills, the ability to understand and follow directions as well as the ability to read, write, add and subtract. Vocational or business skills such as fax machines and computers. The ability to communicate effectively with the public and staff and maintain professional relationships with providers of services. Ability to maintain patient confidentiality.
To apply for this position, submit the required NC state application (PD-107) to the Foothill Health District Personnel Department, 221 Callahan-Koon Road, Spindale, NC 28160. Applications can be downloaded at www.foothillshd.org. Completed applications and resumes can be e-mailed to email@example.com or faxed to (828) 287-6059. OPEN UNTIL FILLED.