Physician Extender II (Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant)
$5,000 Sign on Bonus
$ 70,354 – $ 91,459 ( hiring range )
Off-site Clinic in Rutherford County, NC
Description of Work:
• This position is to provide clinical medical services at on off-site satellite clinic in Rutherford County, NC. Serves as Nurse Practitioner in an established clinic setting, primary care, general public health services and employee health services provided on walk-in or appointment basis.
• Provide medical care, recommend appropriate diagnostic and therapeutic procedures and document findings and counsel clients on their immediate medical problems/needs.
• Perform rapid tests for flu, strep and COVID.
• Perform physicals, particularly for professional and academic purposes.
• Provide Acute illness care.
• Administer PPDs (TB Tests).
• Family Planning services.
Minimum Education And Experience:
Licensed as a Physician Assistant by the North Carolina Medical Board or approved to practice as a Nurse Practitioner by the North Carolina Board of Nursing and the North Carolina Medical Board and one year experience as a Physician Extender; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Necessary Special Qualifications:
Considerable knowledge of and skill in the application of nursing and Nurse Practitioner theory, practices, principles, and techniques employed in the field of Public Health and related programs; general knowledge of and ability to apply the principles and practices of Public Health; working knowledge of current social and economic problems relating to public health; working knowledge of available resources and organizations.
To apply for this position, submit the required NC state application (PD-107) to the Foothill Health District Personnel Department, 221 Callahan-Koon Road, Spindale, NC 28160. Applications can be downloaded at www.foothillshd.org. Completed applications and resumes can be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to (828) 287-6059. Open until filled. Equal Opportunity Employer