PUBLIC HEALTH EDUCATOR I/EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS
$31,613- $41,099 – $50,584
Spindale, NC (Rutherford County)
Description of Work:
• Provides Emergency Community Preparedness, OSHA oversight/training and HIPAA compliance for Public Health employees in the Foothills District and protection and assurance for those counties when appropriate.
• Collaborates with professionals in each county for the development of preparedness plans and other related job functions.
• Facilitates training for employees and others in person, coordinates webinars, and written communication in collaboration with relevant public health personnel.
• Coordinates and conducts EPI meetings and fit testing.
• Collects health and community data to be used in planning public health and public health educational programs.
• OSHA Coordinator
• HIPAA Privacy Officer
• Responsible for the submission of all required preparedness documents required by the State.
• Implements a program of community health education designed to assist individuals and groups in recognizing and solving health problems through proper education.
Minimum Education And Experience:
Graduation from a four year college or university with a major in public health education; or graduation from a four-year college or university and completion of one year of on-the-job training as public health educator.
Necessary Special Qualifications:
General knowledge of the functions of community health agencies. General knowledge of methods and techniques used in preparing and disseminating educational information to the public. General knowledge of the techniques involved in preparing and displaying posters, exhibits and other educational visual aids. Knowledge of evidence-based practice and its application in the promotion of healthy outcomes.
To apply for this position, submit the required NC state application (PD-107) to the Foothill Health District Personnel Department, 221 Callahan-Koon Road, Spindale, NC 28160. Applications can be downloaded at www.foothillshd.org. Completed applications and resumes can be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to (828) 287-6059. Equal Opportunity Employer