Part-time Foreign Language Interpreter I
: $22,902 – $28,741 – $36,644
Open Until Filled
Description of Work:
• This position will assist the nursing staff, physicians, clerical staff and client with interpreting.
• Translate documents and forms that are posted or handed out to clients and the general public.
• This position will be considered part-time working 30-hours per week.
• When not translating or interpreting this position will be answering the phone, making appointments for clinic services, process clients for clinic appointments, gather client information for medical records, master cards, and eligibility for various clinical programs.
• Helps interpret for WIC clients when needed.
Minimum Education And Experience:
High School or GED and one year of experience in interpreting and translating English and the required foreign language.
Necessary Special Qualifications:
Basic everyday living skills, the ability to understand and follow directions as well as the ability to read, write, add and subtract. Vocational or business skills such as fax machines and computers. The ability to work with computers, work with and communicate effectively with the public and staff and maintain professional relationships with providers of services. Ability to maintain patient confidentiality.
To apply for this position, submit the required NC state application (PD-107) to the Foothill Health District Personnel Department, 221 Callahan-Koon Road, Spindale, NC 28160. Applications can be downloaded at www.foothillshd.org. Completed applications and resumes can be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to (828) 287-6059. Equal Opportunity Employer