Patient Account Representative Supervisor – Billing Manager
$36,598 – $47,579 – $58,558 (hiring range)
Open Until Filled
Rutherford County, NC
Description of Work:
• This position will supervise all clinical management staff and billing staff in Rutherford County and McDowell County.
• Supervise accounts receivable, all patient relations to include customer service, patient appointments, registration, and check-out.
• Oversee the process of processing private insurance, Medicaid, and Medicare claims and denials. Process refunds and adjustments to patient accounts as necessary.
• Approve time sheets, travel reports, time-off requests, and continuing education/training.
• Conducts annual and probationary employee evaluations.
• Serve as superuser for the electronic medical records (EMR) software, CureMD, and serves as the liaison with CureMD staff. Assures CPT codes are properly set up in CureMD, assists with guidelines for the usage of CPT codes, modifiers, and ICD codes, and research CPT codes for new services as needed.
• Manages all clinical receivables assuring all client charges are processed according to internal policies and procedures.
• Prepares past due accounts for North Carolina debt set-off against NC Department of Revenue via CRUSH by the 10th of each month. Prepares past due accounts for NC debt set-off against NC Department of Revenue tax refunds and lottery winnings.
• Process claims via NC Debt set-off software and submits reports to billing and finance for reconciliation to patient accounts and bank accounts.
• Must have supervising experience.
• Other duties deemed as necessary.
Minimum Education And Experience:
Graduation from high school and five years of clerical experience in credit or collection work including two years experience with patient accounts; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Necessary Special Qualifications:
Considerable knowledge of hospital credit and collection policies and procedures. Considerable knowledge of processing claims for third party sponsorships of patient accounts. Ability to organize, assign and review work of subordinates. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates, subordinates, and the general public.
To apply for this position, submit the required NC state application (PD-107) to the Foothill Health District Personnel Department, 221 Callahan-Koon Road, Spindale, NC 28160. Applications can be downloaded at www.foothillshd.org. Completed applications and resumes can be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to (828) 287-6059. Equal Opportunity Employer