Accounting Technician I
$26,515 – $34,468 – $42,423
Description of Work:
• This position provides oversight in the development and implementation EMR (electronic medical record) for the District Health Department. It provides direction and leadership with partners both internally and externally in the ongoing Health Information Exchange System.
• Enters encounter forms for services provided in CureMD system. Runs reports to assure that ll claims are filed and paid. Maintains billing/denial history files. Runs monthly self-pay client billing in CureMD system. Verifies accuracy in patient billing in CureMD system and corrects errors as needed.
• Responsible for the management of all billing of patients, Medicaid, Health Choice, BCBS, other insurance companies and outside agencies for all clinical services rendered. Time is devoted to maximizing reimbursement for the agency. Manage all collection of overdue accounts through letters and the state debt set-off program. Review financial reports for maximizing reimbursement for services provided to clients.
• Prepares all clinic productivity reports and financial reports for the Health Director, Finance Director, and the Nursing Director.
• Attend all training sessions provided by NC DHHS related to billing and maintaining the billing package.
• Other duties deemed as necessary.
Minimum Education And Experience:
Graduation from a four-year college or university with a major in accounting, business administration, or other curriculum that would provide a core curriculum in financial management coursework; OR a two-year degree in accounting from a business school or community college and two years of accounting or auditing experience; or graduation from high school and six years of experience as an accounting technician, three of which must have been at an advanced level.
Necessary Special Qualifications:
General knowledge of accounting and auditing principles and practices. Knowledge of and ability to explain and apply the provisions of the standardized accounting practices adopted by State Government. Ability to assist in interpreting and analyzing accounting data and applying that analysis to the departmental or institutional needs and determine compliance with pertinent guidelines, rules, regulations, and laws, assist in established and maintaining effective working relationships with representatives of related contact agencies, departmental staff, and the general public, communicate effectively in oral and written from. Ability to learn, interpret and explain policies, regulations, and programs. Ability to independently respond to inquiries and coordinate a variety of resources in acquiring and disseminating information. May require ability to train and manage a group of employees. Knowledge of and previous experience in working in a medical field with CPT and ICD-9, ICD-10 coding is required.
To apply for this position, submit the required NC state application (PD-107) to the Foothill Health District Personnel Department, 221 Callahan-Koon Road, Spindale, NC 28160. Applications can be downloaded at www.foothillshd.org. Completed applications and resumes can be e-mailed to email@example.com or faxed to (828) 287-6059. Equal Opportunity Employer