PUBLIC HEALTH NURSE II
Nurse Family Partnership
$41,134 – $53,473 (Hiring Range)
This position will remain open until filled
Description of Work:
• Nurse Family Partnership (NFP) is an evidence-based, nurse home visiting program that improves the health, well-being and self-sufficiency of low-income, first-time parents and their children.
• Responsible for providing comprehensive community health nursing services to women and their families eligible for the NFP Program.
• Nurse Home Visitors (PHN II) enroll and coordinate services to a caseload of 25 first time, low-income, expectant mothers. Work requires specialized knowledge in the NFP mission, vision and visit guidelines.
• NFP Nurses are required to travel 75% of the time to make home visits.
• Considerable knowledge of and skill in the application of nursing theory, practices, principles and techniques in the application of providing comprehensive community health nursing services to women and their families.
• Considerable knowledge of available resources and organizations and the ability to coordinate these as needed.
• Ability to provide intensive preventive health and social services to women during their first pregnancy and to children birth to 2 years of age.
Minimum Education And Experience:
BSN Graduate and one year of Public Health Nursing experience is required ; or BSN graduate with one year of child health experience or one year of maternity experience. A current unrestricted license to practice as a Registered Nurse in North Carolina by the N.C. Board of Nursing and a valid unrestricted NC driver’s license.
To apply for this position, submit the required NC state application (PD-107) to:
Foothills Health District
ATTN: Cindy Snyder (email@example.com)
221 Callahan-Koon Road
Spindale, NC 28160.
Applications can be obtained from the Personnel Office or downloaded at www.foothillshd.org Resumes without an accompanying PD-107 will not be considered. This position will remain open until filled.