Public Health Nurse III (Clinical Supervisor)
$ 43,190 – $ 57,832 (hiring range)
Open until filled
Rutherford County, NC
Description of Work:
• This position will be responsible for supervising 8 Nurses (RN’s and LPN’S) and 2 part-time nurses.
• Works with staff to keep them up to date on program requirements and any changes that take place. Assists staff with program related issues. Contacts State consultant for program related issues. Assists the Nursing Director with annual preparation of contract addenda.
• Responsible for creating schedules for Nursing staff and posting it electronically with other departments as needed.
• Ensures that nurses are meeting hours required to maintain certifications. Authorizes and informs staff of upcoming workshops and continuing education opportunities.
• Reviews, signs and submits time and travel sheets to Finance Officer by the 5th of each month.
• Ensures each person has time available to take before approving time off requests. Ensures that there is enough staff to cover during time off requests.
• Conducts performance reviews for probationary period employees and annual performance reviews for the nursing staff.
• Participates in the structured interview process for hiring within a program. Makes recommendations for hiring; manages departmental staff; works collectively with the Nursing Director and Personnel Director regarding disciplinary issues. Provides quality supervision to ensure to support the staff and ensures performance measures are met.
• Will help with General Clinics/Intake as needed.
Minimum Education And Experience:
Graduation from a four-year college or university with a B.S. in Nursing which includes a Public Health Nursing rotation and two years of Public Health nursing experience; or a Master’s in Public Health and graduation from a school of professional nursing and two years of professional nursing experience; or graduation from a school of professional nursing and three years of professional nursing experience including two years of Public Health nursing experience; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Necessary Special Qualifications:
Considerable knowledge and skill in the administration and organization of a Public Health program; considerable knowledge of public health nursing supervision of staff and programs; considerable knowledge of the resources and organizations concerned with public health work in North Carolina and current social and economic problems pertaining to public health; general knowledge of public health administration on the local level; general knowledge of educational methods and training techniques; working knowledge of State and federal laws relating to public health. Ability to plan, coordinate and supervise the work of others and to present findings, comments, and opinions clearly and concisely in oral and/or written form; ability to exercise good judgment in appraising situations and making decisions; ability to plan and execute work effectively and to deal tactfully with the public and other health professionals.
To apply for this position, submit the required NC state application (PD-107) to the Foothill Health District Personnel Department, 221 Callahan-Koon Road, Spindale, NC 28160. Applications can be downloaded at www.foothillshd.org. Completed applications and resumes can be e-mailed to email@example.com or faxed to (828) 287-6059. Open until filled. Equal Opportunity Employer